IBM recently introduced their new NeXtScale System, a flexible computing platform that provides 3X as many cores as current one-unit rack servers, making it ideal for the fastest growing workloads such as social media, analytics, technical computing and cloud delivery.
IBM and Mellanox have worked closely to develop a platform that addresses multiple large-scale markets and solves a variety of complex research and business issues.
Through the use of ConnectX-3 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand and 10/40GbE adapters and SwitchX-2 FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand and 10/40GbE switches, we can provide IBM NeXtScale customers with unrivaled interconnect performance to address the needs for:
- Large data centers requiring efficiency, density, scale, and scalability;
- Public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures;
- Data analytics applications like customer relationship management, operational optimization, risk/financial management, and new business models;
- Internet media applications such as online gaming and video streaming;
- High-resolution imaging for applications ranging from medicine to oil and gas exploration;
- “Departmental” uses where a small solution can increase the speed of outcome prediction, engineering analysis, and design and modeling
Mellanox’s technology, combined with the IBM NeXtScale compute density, provides customers with sustainable competitive advantage in building scale out compute infrastructures. Customers deploying the joint Mellanox-IBM solution will receive maximum bandwidth, lower power consumption and superior application performance.
- Learn more about Mellanox InfiniBand Switches, Adapter Cards, and Cables
- Learn more about Mellanox’s complete 40GbE solution
- Learn more about Mellanox Switch Management and Storage Fabric Software