What once started out in Japan as weather symbols and street signs has grown into a cultural phenomenon – what we now refer to as emojis! Individually, they are packed full of emotion, and together, they can tell a story. Come Sunday, July 17, the world is celebrating these little symbols on World Emoji Day. This is marked as a day to promote the use of emojis and spread the enjoyment that they bring to all who use them. If you love a good emoji as much as the rest of us, read on!
At Mellanox, we make it a habit to do things smarter – innovate technologies to go above and beyond what others in the market are doing. Because of that, we have developed the world’s first 100Gb/s smart switch, the most advanced 10, 25, 40, 50, 56 and 100Gb/s InfiniBand and Ethernet intelligent adapter, and more. We see emojis through the same set of eyes. There’s a way to emoji. And at Mellanox, there’s a way to emoji smarter. That’s why, this week, we’re asking you to Emoji Smarter than you ever have before. How so? By entering our Emoji Smarter contest in celebration of World Emoji Day. To find out more about how to enter and what you could win, peruse our FAQs below.
How can I enter to win?
- It’s simple! Just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Sign onto Twitter. If you don’t have a Twitter account, create one!
- Compose a tweet that contains the following four items:
- Your favorite emoji (of course!)
- The hashtag #EmojiSmarter
- The hashtag #WorldEmojiDay
- The @MellanoxTech Twitter handle
- Now, send that tweet out into the Twittersphere!
- Only one tweet is required to enter to win so don’t go crazy with the tweets.
- You can only enter on Twitter. Entries will not be accepted on any other social network, including; but not limited to: Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube and Instagram.
What can I win?
- One grand prize winner will be rewarded with a Mellanox Emoji t-shirt and DJI Phantom 3 drone.
- Three runners up will win a Mellanox Emoji t-shirt and one $50 Amazon gift card.
- 25 additional runners up will win a Mellanox Emoji t-shirt.
- Trust us, the shirts are AMAZING! See what we mean…
How long will the contest run for?
- We will accept contest entries via Twitter from 8:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday, July 12 – 11:59 p.m. PT on Sunday, July 17.
When will you announce winners?
- Winners will be determined and announced on Monday, July 18.
How will winners be selected?
- Winners will be randomly selected.
How will winners be notified?
- We will notify winners via Twitter. Winners will have until 11:59 p.m. PT on Monday, July 25 to respond. If they do not, we will select new winners to take their spot. So, you better get while the gettin’s good!
Is the contest open to Mellanox employees?
- No. Mellanox employees are not eligible to enter.
Must participants be individuals, using their own private Twitter accounts?
- Yes; however, anyone found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to participate will be ineligible, and his/her entries will be judged void.
What about entries from corporate accounts or from administrators of corporate/non-individual private accounts?
- No. Groups, clubs, organizations and businesses are not eligible to enter.
What are the contest rules?
- Please see the full set of contest rules below for more information on how to enter. Now, let’s see you Emoji Smarter!
OFFICIAL MELLANOX WORLD EMOJI DAY SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST AND GIVEAWAY RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PARTICIPATION IN THE WORLD EMOJI DAY CONTEST (“CONTEST”) CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. Individuals who participate in the Contest or submit an entry are sometimes referred to herein as an “Entrant.
- Contest Period: The Contest Period is set forth in the Contest FAQs.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be individuals, 18 years of age or older to enter the Contest. Entrants must also be legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or the U.S. territories and possessions (“Contest Area”). Employees of Mellanox and its affiliates, and their immediate family members, (“Contest Entities”) are not eligible. Entrants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- How to Enter: No purchase necessary to win. Only one (1) entry is required to enter the contest. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different twitter handles, identities or any other methods will void all of such Entrant’s entries. Mellanox reserves the right to verify eligibility of all Entrants. Incomplete entries, abusive, defamatory, and/or offensive entries, entries in violation of applicable law, and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements are void.
- Winner Selection/Notification: Winners will be selected by Mellanox at random. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entrants. All Mellanox decisions are final.
The Potential Winner will be required to sign and return within seven (7) days of July 18th notification attempt by Mellanox, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, including the potential winner’s full name and street address (no P.O. Boxes) within the Contest Area, or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected by Mellanox (and in such case this process will be repeated). Inability to contact a winner or a Potential Winner’s non-compliance or failure to meet Eligibility criteria within the time period may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Any tax income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- One (1) grand prize winner will be eligible to receive a Mellanox Emoji t-shirt and one (1) DJI® Phantom 3 drone.
- Three (3) runners up will be eligible to receive a Mellanox Emoji t-shirt and one (1) $50 Amazon® gift card.
- Twenty-Five (25) additional entrants will be eligible to receive a Mellanox Emoji t-shirt.
No portion of the Prize may be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted, except by Mellanox (in its sole discretion), which reserves the right to substitute any portion of a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, Prize unavailability. All expenses not specifically identified as included in a Prize (including all taxes) are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize, and all elements thereof, are subject to availability. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of a Prize is at winner’s sole risk and Mellanox is not responsible for any damages whatsoever including special, indirect, consequential , or direct damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any Prize.
Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other expenses associated with his/her Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description. A Prize winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the Prize. Failure to take or complete any portion of a Prize does not relieve the Prize winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning the Prize.
- Prize Conditions: Except where prohibited by law, the Prize winner’s entry and acceptance of a Prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission for the Contest Entities, to use, publish, post or display said Prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, city and state address, Prize information, any quotes attributable to him or her and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion) for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes, on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further authorization, notification, opportunity to review, approval or compensation of any kind, and each Entrant releases all Contest Entities from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates the Contest Entities to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Prize winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- General Conditions: This contest is void outside the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Mellanox. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. All Entrants agree to follow the Official Rules and release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Contest Entities and each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any promotional-related activity or participation in this Contest. In consideration for being awarded the Prize, or any portion thereof, Prize winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of Prize winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Contest Entities, except where prohibited by law. Mellanox reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification, and the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules for any reason at any time. Mellanox’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- NOT ENDORSED BY Twitter: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter and release Twitter from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Mellanox and not to Twitter, and will be used to notify you if you have won, and may be used to inform you about special offers from Mellanox and our trusted partners.
- Release: WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ANY PORTION THEREOF OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
By entering this Contest, the Entrant agrees to the following Statement: I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR.”
The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.