Mellanox has supported the government's IT networking needs for more than 10 years and established itself as a trusted leader in delivering high-performance connectivity solutions. Many federal agencies have high-performance networking requirements for complex projects requiring the processing of large amounts of data over distributed systems. Mellanox products are specified for high speed storage networks and the clustering of processors, parallel file processing, GPUs and heterogeneous storage platforms.
Mellanox's U.S. federal customers include many government agencies and organizations, including: the Department of Energy, NASA (Ames, Goddard, Johnson), US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Postal Service, FBI, DHS, NIH, the EPA and various intelligence agencies.
In addition, Mellanox works with leading systems integrators that serve the federal government, including: Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Boeing, CSC and Raytheon. Mellanox solutions are available through leading OEM partners such as Dell, HP, IBM, SGI and Oracle, as well as through an extensive list of channel partners worldwide.
Mellanox solutions are used for a variety of applications and are used by federal agencies in the areas of cloud computing, defense/intelligence, big-data analysis and High Performance Computing (HPC).
Key Mellanox Advantages
- The world's fastest interconnect, supporting up to 56Gb/s per adapter
- The world's lowest latency, less than 1 microsecond
- CPU offloads with the flexibility of RDMA capabilities
- Lossless packet transmission
- Multi-protocol bridging for unified data center fabrics
- Advanced data center acceleration technologies - Messaging acceleration (VMA) and Storage acceleration (VSA) software
- Data center management application (UFM software) to boost application performance and ensures that the fabric is up and running at all times
Cloud computing is all about better virtualization and higher data center efficiency. It provides a simple way to maximize servers' utilization, minimize the number of physical servers, saving space and power consumption which reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO). However, building an effective virtualized data center heavily depends on the network capabilities to enable effective connectivity among the compute and storage resources, supporting high bandwidth and lower latency at an affordable cost.
Private cloud-based architectures enable government agencies to better serve constituents more cost effectively than traditional IT solutions. While cost savings and efficiency are major drivers of this effort, the security of the information, and the scalability and reliability of the solution determine the ultimate success.
Mellanox server and storage interconnect solutions have been designed to deliver the needed networking capabilities of bandwidth, latency and virtualization offloads for the cloud infrastructure. With networking solutions that deliver 56Gb/s throughput, less than 1us server-to-server or storage latency, and advanced I/O virtualization capabilities, Mellanox enables government agencies to build private clouds that perform system provisioning, workload migrations, and support multiple user requests faster and more efficiently, all while bringing the best ROI.
Terrorist monitoring. Crime control. Emergency response. Border security. The intelligence community facilitates the secure collection, analysis and presentation of actionable intelligence to warfighters and decision makers in a timely, comprehensive manner. The data that is collected by sensors and satellites is massive in volume and ever-constant in its flow. These big-data sets must be turned reliably and in real time with 100% accuracy.
Mellanox delivers multiple big-data analysis solutions that address the needs of the intelligence community including the enablement of ultra-high-perfomance storage access with 56Gb/s InfinBand or 40Gb/s Ethernet and unique application acceleration software that increases transactions per second for data acquisition applications in radar and defense systems.
High-performance computing (HPC) encompasses advanced computation using parallel processing running over clusters, enabling faster execution of highly compute- intensive tasks related to advanced weapons concepts, defense initiatives, space exploration, aerospace design, weather modeling, data mining and more.
Efficient high performance clustering technologies require high-bandwidth, low-latency connections between hundreds or thousands of multi-processor, multi-core servers, as well as low CPU overhead, and high-speed and lossless connectivity to storage systems. Maximizing productivity in today's HPC cluster platforms also requires using offload capabilities to enhance data messaging techniques, like Messaging Passing Interface (MPI).
By providing low-latency, high-bandwidth, high message rate transport offload for extremely low CPU overhead, Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) and advanced communications offloads, Mellanox interconnect solutions are the most deployed high-speed interconnect for large-scale HPC clusters.
How to Buy
Mellanox products are available through contract vehicles via various partners and prime contractors such as:
The Mellanox Solution
Mellanox adapters, switches, and gateways implement the world's fastest and most robust network protocol. These capabilities ensure optimum data center performance with:
- Up to 56Gb/s fabric speed to support servers (or blade servers) and storage connectivity in any configuration
- Lower than 1.0 microsecond application latency leveraging the most efficient remote direct memory access (RDMA) between servers and storage. Mellanox RDMA solutions speed transaction processing by offloading many portions of a transaction from the server CPU and operating system
- Lossless transmission, ensuring that no packets are dropped and avoiding retransmissions of data
- Multi-protocol bridging - Mellanox BridgeX gateways allow for data center fabric consolidation, unifying InfiniBand, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and Ethernet over a most reliable high-speed interconnect
Application acceleration software products:
- Storage Accelerator (VSA) software is a highly scalable, high performance, low-latency software solution for tier-one storage and gateways that provides ultra-fast remote block storage access and accelerates access to SAN, DAS, or Flash based storage
- Messaging Accelerator (VMA) boosts performance for message-based and streaming applications such as those found in radar systems, financial services market data environments and Web2.0 clusters. The result is a reduction in latency by as much as 300% and an increase in application throughput by as much as 200% per server as compared to applications running on standard Ethernet or InfiniBand interconnect networks
Data center management software:
- Unified Fabric Manager (UFM) is a powerful platform for managing scale-out Ethernet and InfiniBand computing environments. UFM enables data center operators to efficiently provision, monitor and operate the modern data center fabric. UFM boosts application performance and ensures that the fabric is up and running at all times
- Case Study: Managed Hosting
- Solution Brief: Hadoop
- Case Study: Virgina Tech HPC Cluster
- White Paper: Virtualize with InfiniBand
Vice President Business Development
Office: +1 (408) 916-0009
Fax: +1 (408) 585-0309