Press Releases - 2013
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon, Oct 28, 2013
Mellanox Expands MetroX Long-Haul Solutions to Provide High-Performance Connectivity Between Data Centers to up to 80 Kilometers
MetroX™ enables data center expansion, rapid disaster recovery and improved utilization of remote storage and compute infrastructures
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – October 28, 2013 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced the expansion of its MetroX long-haul interconnect product family with the new MetroX TX6240 and TX6280 systems to enable full coverage for longer distances. MetroX systems enable localization of remote data center sites, from 1km to 80km, guarantee high-performance, high-volume data sharing between distant sites, enabling existing data centers expansion, rapid disaster recovery and improved utilization of remote storage and compute infrastructures.
The MetroX family of products includes:
- New MetroDX TX6000 - designed for today data center bandwidth, latency and density needs delivering up to 16 ports of 40Gb/s to distances of 1km.
- MetroX TX6100 – designed for campus and data center, expansion delivering up to 6 ports of 40Gb/s to distances of 10km. The port capacity enables star-like campus deployments and provides clear CAPEX reduction versus current single port-to-port long-haul solutions
- New MetroX TX6240 and TX6280 – designed for today’s business continuity/disaster recovery needs, delivering zero RPO (Recovery Point Objective). Provides high bandwidth, low latency and simple high availability management connectivity of up to 40 kilometers with TX6240 and 80 kilometers with TX6280, making disaster recovery design simple.
“MetroX is the perfect cost-effective, low power, easily managed solution that enables today’s data centers to run over local and distributed RDMA InfiniBand and Ethernet fabrics, with management under a single unified network infrastructure,” said Gilad Shainer, vice president of marketing at Mellanox. “With MetroX, organizations can move from the paradigm of multiple, disconnected, localized data centers to a single multi-point meshed mega-datacenter, resulting in higher utilization and cost savings.”
- Learn more about Mellanox’s MetroX solutions
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linked-In, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software, cables and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, ConnectX, SwitchX, Virtual Protocol Interconnect are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. MetroX is a trademark of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.