Grid Director™ 4036E
40Gb/s InfiniBand switch with integrated low-latency Ethernet gateway
The Grid Director 4036E is a high performance, low-latency and fully non-blocking InfiniBand switch, which includes a built-in, low-latency Ethernet gateway for bridging traffic to and from Ethernet-based networks or storage. This self-contained solution combines an InfiniBand switch, an embedded subnet manager, and a built-in, hardware-based low-latency Ethernet gateway in a compact 1U device.
With thirty-four 40Gb/s InfiniBand ports (delivering 2.72 Tb/s), less than 100 nanoseconds of port-to-port latency, and two 1/10Gb Ethernet ports bridging traffic in less than one microsecond, I/O bottlenecks are removed making applications operate at maximum efficiency, and its smart design makes it easily useful for both small and large clusters.
- Low-latency, hardware-based bridging between InfiniBand and Ethernet
- Provides high performance connectivity to Ethernet-based services and resources
- Reduce switching and adapter costs by consolidating network and I/O infrastructure
- 34 40Gb/s ports and two 1/10 GbE ports in a 1U switch
- Ultra-low latency with less than 100 nanoseconds between InfiniBand ports and less than one microsecond between InfiniBand and Ethernet
- Plug & play, standards-based protocol bridging with zero configuration required on the 4036E itself or on the servers
- Embedded subnet manager