SwitchX® Software Development Kit
The SwitchX Software Development Kit (SDK) based on Mellanox’s sixth generation switch silicon, SwitchX-2, allows switch and server OEMs to bring to market cost-effective solutions allowing LAN, SAN and IPC traffic to co-exist across a single fabric.
There is a growing demand for low cost, low power and high density interconnect convergence in the Enterprise Data Center (EDC), High-Performance Computing (HPC), Cloud and Web 2.0 markets. SwitchX Virtual Protocol Interconnect (VPI) provides the flexibility to implement InfiniBand, Ethernet and Fibre Channel connectivity using a single switch device while offering gateway and routing capabilities between protocols. Utilizing SwitchX InfiniBand Link Level Flow control or Data Center Bridging (DCB) functionality, OEMs can deliver robust storage connectivity implementing industry standard Fibre Channel over InfiniBand (FCoIB) and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocols.
View Ethernet API Guide Here »
- Easily portable code base for fast time- to-market
- Linux development environment
- API Library written in ANSI “C”
- Flexible development environment
- Seamless integration with SwitchX Development Kit enabling development on CPU and OS of choice
- 4Tb/s Unified Switching/Routing
- Up to 36-ports 10/20/40/56Gb/s InfiniBand, 36-ports 40GbE, 64-ports 10/20 GbE, 24-ports 2/4/8G FibreChannel
- Low-latency Ethernet and Fibre Channel gateways and routers between protocols*
- Multiple API levels for flexibility
- Support for VPI, virtualized and multichip implementations
- Support for Adaptive Routing/ Congestion Control/QoS*
- SwitchX SDK API is Mellanox interface to manage its family of switching solutions. The protocol level interfaces are designed to be easily ported to any L2/L3 switch router protocol stack
- For the completeness of the development environment and tools, it is recommended to use the Evaluation Board software package containing the SDK TestX API tool and reference code
- The SDK API can be downloaded here.