SX6005/SX6012 12-port 56Gb/s InfiniBand/VPI Switch Systems
The SX6005 and SX6012 switch systems provide the highest-performing fabric solutions in a 1RU half-width form factor by delivering up to 1.3Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth to Storage and embedded systems, with 170ns port-to-port latency. Built with Mellanox's 6th generation SwitchX®-2 InfiniBand switch device, these switches provide up to 56Gb/s full bidirectional bandwidth per port. These stand-alone switches are an ideal choice for smaller departmental or back-end clustering uses with high-performance needs, such as storage, data base and GPGPU clusters.
The SX6012 with Virtual Protocol Interconnect (VPI) supporting InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity provide the highest performing and most flexible interconnect solution for PCI Express Gen3 servers. VPI simplifies system development by serving multiple fabrics with one hardware design. VPI simplifies today network by enabling one platform to run both InfiniBand and Ethernet subnets on the same chassis.
The SX6000 switch family enables efficient computing with features such as static routing, adaptive routing, and advanced congestion management. These features ensure the maximum effective fabric bandwidth by eliminating congestion hot spots.
Product availability: July 2013
Image depicts sample product only; actual product may differ.
* future release
- 12 FDR (56Gb/s) ports in a 1U switch
- 1.3Tb/s switching capacity
- FDR/FDR10 support for Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- IBTA Specification 1.3 and 1.2.1 compliant
- Quality of Service enforcement
- Port Mirroring*
- Adaptive routing*
- Congestion control*
- Reversible air flow
- Integrated subnet manager agent (up to 648 nodes)
- Fast and efficient fabric bring-up
- Comprehensive chassis management
- Mellanox API for 3rd party integration
- Intuitive CLI and GUI for easy access
- Can be enhanced with Mellanox's Unified Fabric Manager(UFM™)
MANAGEMENT (SX6012 ONLY)
- Virtual Protocol Interconnect® (VPI) flexibility offers InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity
- Industry-leading, switch platform in performance, power, and density
- Highest ROI - designed for energy and cost savings
- Ultra low latency
- Granular QoS for Cluster, LAN and SAN traffic
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Maximizes performance by removing fabric congestions
- Fabric Management for cluster and converged I/O applications