TX6200 - RDMA Long-Haul Solutions to the Metro
The MetroX™ TX6200 series extends Mellanox's InfiniBand and Ethernet RDMA solutions metro applications. The TX6200 supports 2 long-haul ports running 40Gb/s to a distance up to 40km.
While Mellanox products have been traditionally deployed for their high-performance interconnect benefits within the data center, Mellanox's MetroX solutions, implementing long-haul RDMA, enable connections between data centers deployed across multiple geographically distributed sites, extending the same world-leading interconnect benefits of Mellanox switches beyond local data centers and storage clusters.
Mellanox's MetroX is the perfect cost-effective, low power, easily managed and scalable solution that enables today’s data centers and storage to run over local and distributed fabrics, managed as a single unified network infrastructure.
Product availability: December 2013
- Extends InfiniBand networks up to a 40km radius over dark fiber
- Low cost, low power, long-haul solution over an InfiniBand and Ethernet fabric
- Simple management
- RDMA execution over a distant site
- 2 Long haul (10Gb/s) ports in a 1U system
- Up to 80Gb/s long-haul aggregate data
- 2 Downlink (56Gb/s) VPI ports
- Compliant with IBTA 1.2.1 and 1.3
- Compliant with Mellanox QSFP and SFP+ long haul transceiverss
- Redundant power supplies and fan drawers