ConnectX®-3 Pro Single/Dual-Port Adapter with Virtual Protocol Interconnect®
ConnectX-3 Pro adapter cards with Virtual Protocol Interconnect (VPI),
supporting InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity with hardware offload engines
to Overlay Networks (“Tunneling”), provide the highest performing and most
flexible interconnect solution for PCI Express Gen3 servers used in public and
private clouds, enterprise data centers, and high performance computing.
Public and private cloud clustered databases, parallel processing, transactional services, and high-performance embedded I/O applications will achieve significant performance improvements resulting in reduced completion time and lower cost per operation. ConnectX-3 Pro with VPI also simplifies system development by serving multiple fabrics with one hardware design.
The Open Compute Project (OCP) mission is to develop and specify the most cost-efficient, energy-efficient and scalable enterprise and Web 2.0 data centers. Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro VPI adapter card delivers leading InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity for performance-driven server and storage applications in Web 2.0, Enterprise Data Centers and Cloud environments. The OCP Mezzanine adapter form factor is designed to mate into OCP servers.
**Image depicts sample product only; actual product may differ.
- One design for InfiniBand, Ethernet (10GbE, 40GbE), or Data Center Bridging fabrics
- World-class cluster, network, and storage performance
- Cutting edge performance in virtualized overlay networks (VXLAN and NVGRE)
- Guaranteed bandwidth and low-latency services
- I/O consolidation
- Virtualization acceleration
- Power efficient
- Scales to tens-of-thousands of nodes
- Virtual Protocol Interconnect
- 1us MPI ping latency
- Up to 56Gb/s InfiniBand or 40 Gigabit Ethernet per port
- Single- and Dual-Port options available
- PCI Express 3.0 (up to 8GT/s)
- CPU offload of transport operations
- Application offload
- GPU communication acceleration
- Precision Clock Synchronization
- HW Offloads for NVGRE and VXLAN encapsulated traffic
- End-to-end QoS and congestion control
- Hardware-based I/O virtualization
- Ethernet encapsulation (EoIB)