Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch™
Scalable Solution for Data Center 40GbE Aggregation Switch System
The Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch™ solution (VMS), comprised of Mellanox 10, 40, and 56GbE fixed switches, provides an ideal, optimized approach for a fixed switches aggregation.
The VMS scales up to 28.8 Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth and up to 720 Nodes of 40GbE and operates at ultra-low latencies and energy efficiency.
The VMS saves both CAPEX and OPEX. It is easy to deploy, manage and maintain and provides a resilient solution with fast recovery from hardware failures.
When compared to competing offerings, VMS excels with higher flexibility, better scalability, and energy efficiency, while future-proofing the investment and reducing expenses, making it the perfect solution for your network.
- Scalability from a few nodes up to 720 nodes of 40GbE
- High resiliency to hardware failures, maintaining over 90% of the bandwidth
- High, non-blocking performance, up to 28.8Tb/s at low latency
- Low cost, pay-as-you-grow solution. No extra equipment needs at the time of installation
- Energy efficiency – under 6.5 Watts per port operation
- Ease-of-use – managed by standard management tools and utilities with no proprietary technologies
- High Scalability
- Scales up to 720 40GbE nodes
- High Availability
- Resilient to hardware failures
- Maintains over 90% of bandwidth
- Standard solution
- Management by standard protocols and software tools
- Low Latency
- Under 2 microseconds maximal east-west latency for all traffic profiles and packet sizes
- Low Power Solution
- Typical power consumption under 6.5 Watts per 40GbE port
- Low cost