Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch™
Scalable Solution for Data Center 40GbE Aggregation Switch System
The Mellanox Virtual Modular Switch™ solution (VMS), comprised of Mellanox 10, 40, and 56GbE fixed switches, provides an ideal, optimized approach for a fixed switches aggregation.
The VMS scales up to 28.8 Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth and up to 720 Nodes of 40GbE and operates at ultra-low latencies and energy efficiency.
The VMS saves both CAPEX and OPEX. It is easy to deploy, manage and maintain and provides a resilient solution with fast recovery from hardware failures.
When compared to competing offerings, VMS excels with higher flexibility, better scalability, and energy efficiency, while future-proofing the investment and reducing expenses, making it the perfect solution for your network.
VMS configuration and bringup is fully automated by using Mellanox's VMS wizard, which can be installed on any Linux server. This free tool reduces end-to-end setup time from days to hours.
For the VMS wizard, please contact Mellanox support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scalability from a few nodes up to 720 nodes of 40GbE
- High resiliency to hardware failures, maintaining over 90% of the bandwidth
- High, non-blocking performance, up to 28.8Tb/s at low latency
- Low cost, pay-as-you-grow solution. No extra equipment needs at the time of installation
- Energy efficiency – under 6.5 Watts per port operation
- Ease-of-use – managed by standard management tools and utilities with no proprietary technologies
- High Scalability
- Scales up to 720 40GbE nodes
- High Availability
- Resilient to hardware failures
- Maintains over 90% of bandwidth
- Standard solution
- Management by standard protocols and software tools
- Low Latency
- Under 2 microseconds maximal east-west latency for all traffic profiles and packet sizes
- Low Power Solution
- Typical power consumption under 6.5 Watts per 40GbE port
- Low cost