Messaging Accelerator (VMA)
Dramatically improves performance of socket based applications
Mellanox's Messaging Accelerator (VMA) boosts performance for message-based and streaming applications such as those found in financial services market data environments and Web2.0 clusters. The result is a reduction in latency by as much as 300% and an increase in application throughput by as much as 200% per server as compared to applications running on standard Ethernet or InfiniBand interconnect networks.
This solution lowers latency and increases transactions per second for a wide-array of applications including medical online Web Services, imaging, radar and other data acquisition systems. VMA Open Source can improve performance of any application that makes heavy use of Multicast, UDP unicast and TCP streaming and requires high packet-per-second rates, low data distribution latency, low CPU utilization or increased application scalability.
VMA Open Source is made available under a dual license: GPLv2 and commercial. You can download the software under the GPLv2 license or approach Mellanox representative for a commercial license.
For purchasing support for VMA Open Source, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drastically improve unicast and multicast application performance without application code changes
- Increase throughput small packet messaging and streaming applications
- Lower overall communication latencies
- Increased Packet Per Second (PPS) rates
- Improved CPU utilization
- v2.30.3000 or newer
- MLNX-OFED v2.0-3.0.0
- RHEL 6 update 2 (2.6.32-220)
- RHEL 6 update 3 (2.6.32-279)
- RHEL 6 update 4 (2.6.32-358)
- Fedora 14 (184.108.40.206-45)
- SLES11 SP1 (220.127.116.11-0.7-default)
- Ubuntu 12.04 (3.2.0-39)