Project Delivery Services – On-site – Ethernet Kick-Start Package
Mellanox Part Number: GPS-ETH-KICKST-6
With years of practical hands-on experience, the Mellanox Services team enables customers and partners to focus on their core
business while we do the heavy lifting. Our expert Field Service Engineers (FSE) are backed up by our three-tier Support team,
subject matter experts, and direct access to Engineering for exceptional instances. By choosing Mellanox Services, customers and
partners can expect to reduce time-to-production and increase overall ROI.
The On-site Project Delivery kick-start package is designed to accelerate the configuration of Mellanox Ethernet networks.
Additionally, this package provides the customer with valuable knowledge regarding the use and management of the Mellanox
products within the customer’s specific environment.
The Mellanox Service package includes Project Management delivered over the lifecycle of the engagement. The package consists of
the following services: (i) Logical configuration/ upgrade of Mellanox software and hardware products; (ii) Network health check; (iii)
Best practice performance tuning; (iv) Knowledge transfer.
Mellanox will assign a dedicated Project Delivery Manager (PDM) to be a point-of-contact pre- and post-delivery. The PDM will
provide a SOW detailing the scope of work to be completed by Mellanox. The PDM will coordinate with end users, OEMs, resellers,
and other vendors and will arrange the deployment of Mellanox on-site staff.
Physical Installation of Mellanox Products will not be part of that
Logical Installation, Upgrade, and Configuration of Mellanox Software and Hardware Products
Having completed the physical elements of the deployment, the FSE will perform Logical installation, and/or upgrade, and/or
- Mellanox Managed Switch and Gateway Systems:
- Software and firmware will be updated to the most current or agreed-upon version
- Configured per Mellanox best practices and customer designs
- Mellanox Adapter:
- Firmware updated
- Mellanox Driver Installation
- Mellanox Management Software (NEO):
- Software installed or upgraded to the most current or agreed-upon version
- Configured per Mellanox best practices
Network Health Check
The FSE will ensure the readiness of the Mellanox Ethernet network:
- The Mellanox network will be reviewed to ensure that it is free of faults and errors
- All Mellanox hardware will be reviewed to ensure that it is free of faults and errors
- All Mellanox software will be reviewed to ensure that it is free of faults and errors
- When applicable, the cable topology will be validated
- Customer will be entitled to a diagnostic health check upon request a year after first bring up
Best Practice Performance Tuning
- Where applicable, network best practice performance tuning will be completed
Official Knowledge Transfer
- Operational knowledge transfer will be provided during the deployment activities
These project-based Services offerings are all-inclusive; all travel and room and board expenses are included.
For more information, please contact your Account Manager or view the service scope of work at a high level