TENCENT – SHANWEI, CHINA
Size: Physical Network includes a full fat tree, non-blocking, 2 tier network with 32 LEAFs and 16 SPINEs
Primary SI: IBM
- Aggressive schedule
- High network demands
- New servers
- On-site presence was required during the entire period of the project, including close by engineers during the weekends
- The Physical Network includes a full fat tree, non-blocking, 2 tier network with 32 LEAFs and 16 SPINEs
- All switches configured to be part of a single OSPF area – 0, ECMP and ECN
- On the server side, IBM Power 8 & NVMe with ConnectX-4 were used. The designated OS is Ubuntu 16.4.
- The expected traffic patterns is 8 flows of both RDMA in an all-to-all mode. If RDMA doesn’t perform as expected, TCP/IP is the fallback plan.
Providing high-performance L3 Ethernet environment to China’s largest and most used Internet service portal.