SUNNYVALE, CA. and YOKNEAM, ISRAEL – April 13, 2010 – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX; TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that its 40Gb/s InfiniBand adapter cards and switch systems enable the fastest supercomputer on the Russian Top50 Supercomputer list with peak performance of 414 teraflops, and is the most used interconnect solution, connecting 37 systems, including the top three systems and seven of the Top10. According to the Linpack benchmark, Mellanox InfiniBand’s high system efficiency and utilization allow users to maximize their return-on-investment for their high-performance computing server and storage infrastructure by demonstrating up to 92 percent efficiency.
“We are pleased to see the wide-spread adoption of Mellanox’s leading end-to-end InfiniBand connectivity solutions in the Russian Top50 supercomputers list, as well as connecting the number-one supercomputer system in Russia,” said Gilad Shainer, senior director of HPC and Technical computing at Mellanox Technologies. “Nearly three quarters of the list, represented by leading research laboratories, universities, industrial companies and banks in Russia, rely on Mellanox’s industry-leading InfiniBand solutions to provide the highest in bandwidth, efficiency, scalability, and application performance.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at http://supercomputers.ru/, the Russian Top50 list ranks Russia’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the Russian Top50 March 2010 list include:
- Mellanox InfiniBand connects 74 percent of the Top50 list, including seven of the Top10 most prestigious positions (#1, #2, #3, #6, #8, #9 and #10)
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides world-leading system utilization, up to 92 percent efficiency as measured by the Linpack benchmark
- The list showed a sharp increase in the aggregated performance - the total peak performance of the list exceeded 1PFlops to reach 1152.9TFlops, an increase of 120 percent compared to the September 2009 list - highlighting the increasing demand for higher performance
- Ethernet connects only 14 percent of the list (seven systems); and there were no 10GbE clusters
- Proprietary clustering interconnects declined 40 percent to connect only three systems on the list
Mellanox’s end-to-end InfiniBand connectivity, consisting of the ConnectX®-2 line of I/O adapter products, cables and comprehensive IS5000 family of fixed and modular switches, deliver industry-leading performance and economics for the best return-on-investment for performance interconnect.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for servers and storage that optimize data center performance. Mellanox products deliver market-leading bandwidth, performance, scalability, power conservation and cost-effectiveness while converging multiple legacy network technologies into one future-proof solution. For the best in performance and scalability, Mellanox is the choice for Fortune 500 data centers and the world’s most powerful supercomputers. Founded in 1999, Mellanox Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and Yokneam, Israel. For more information, visit Mellanox at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox, BridgeX, ConnectX, InfiniBlast, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniRISC, InfiniScale, InfiniPCI, and Virtual Protocol Interconnect are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. CORE-Direct, FabricIT, and PhyX are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.