QM8700 Series - Mellanox Quantum™ HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand Smart Switches
40-port Non-blocking HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand Smart Switch
Mellanox provides the world’s smartest switches, enabling in-network computing through the Co-Design Scalable Hierarchical Aggregation and Reduction Protocol (SHARP)™ technology. The QM8700 series has the highest fabric performance available in the market with up to 16Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth with sub 130ns port-to-port latency.
Faster servers combined with high-performance storage and applications that use increasingly complex computations, are causing data bandwidth requirements to spiral upward. As servers are deployed with next generation processors, High-Performance Computing (HPC) environments and Enterprise Data Centers (EDC) will need every last bit of bandwidth delivered with Mellanox’s next generation of HDR InfiniBand high-speed smart switches.
Built with Mellanox’s Quantum InfiniBand switch device, the QM8700 series provides up to forty 200Gb/s full bi-directional bandwidth per port. QM8700 is the world’s smartest network switch, designed to enable in-network computing through the Co-Design Scalable Hierarchical Aggregation and Reduction Protocol (SHARP) technology. The Co-Design architecture enables the usage of all active data center devices to accelerate the communications frameworks using embedded hardware, resulting in order of magnitude applications performance improvements.
*For illustration only. Actual product may vary.
• 40 X HDR 200Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
• 80 X HDR100 100Gb/s ports in a 1U switch
• 16Tb/s aggregate switch throughput
• Up to 15.8 billion messages-per-second
• 130ns switch latency
- Optimized Design
• 1+1 redundant & hot-swappable power
• 80 gold+ and energy star certified power supplies
• Dual-core x86 CPU
- Advanced Design
• SHIELD™– Makes the fabric capable with self-healing autonomy
• SHARP™ – Enables offloading collective operations from the CPU to the switch network
• Adaptive Routing
• InfiniBand Router*
• Collective offloads (Mellanox SHARP technology)
• VL mapping (VL2VL)
- Industry-leading switch platform in performance, power, and density
- Collective communication acceleration
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Maximizes performance by removing fabric congestions
- Backward compatible to previous speeds