Updating Firmware for Mellanox Quantum™ Based InfiniBand Switch Platforms
To update firmware on a single switch system in a Linux or Windows environment:
- Download the Mellanox Firmware Tools (MFT) package and its documentation (User's Manual and Release Notes) from: https://www.mellanox.com/content/page/management_tools
- Install MFT according to the instructions in its User's Manual.
- Download the switch User's Manual (see switches homepage) and follow the instructions on firmware burning and/or switch management. Externally managed (unmanaged) systems require the use of a Mellanox firmware burning tool like flint or mlxburn, which are part of the MFT package. (NOTE: The firmware of managed switch systems is automatically performed by management software - MLNX-OS�.)
(Parameter-Set IDentification) is a 16-ascii character string embedded
in the firmware image which provides a unique identification for the
configuration of the firmware.
- To create a customized firmware binary for an unmanaged switch system (OEMs Only) Click Here
- To return to the main firmware page Click Here