Ethernet Cards - Overview
Mellanox 10/40/56/100GbE Converged Network Adapters
Mellanox continues its leadership in providing high-performance networking technologies by delivering superior utilization and scaling in ConnectX®-4 EN 10/40/56/100GbE Adapters, enabling data centers to do more with less.
ConnectX®-4 Single/Dual-Port Adapters supporting 100Gb/s
ConnectX-4 adapters support 100Gb/s Ethernet connectivity, and provide the highest performance and most flexible solution for high-performance, Web 2.0, Cloud, data analytics, database, and storage platforms.
ConnectX-4 adapters provide an unmatched combination of 100Gb/s bandwidth in a single port, the lowest available latency, 150 million messages per second and application hardware offloads, addressing both today's and the next generation's compute and storage data center demands.
Mellanox ConnectX®-3 Pro Single/Dual-Port Adapters
ConnectX-3 Pro 10/40/56GbE adapter cards with hardware offload engines to Overlay Networks ("Tunneling"), provide the highest performing and most flexible interconnect solution for PCI Express Gen3 servers used in public and private clouds, enterprise data centers, and high performance computing.
Mellanox ConnectX®-2 and ConnectX®-3 EN Ethernet Network Interface Cards (NICs)
Mellanox 10/40/56GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC) deliver high bandwidth and industry-leading connectivity for performance-driven server and storage applications in Enterprise Data Centers, Web 2.0, High-Performance Computing, and Embedded environments. Clustered databases, web infrastructure, and high frequency trading are just a few example applications that will achieve significant throughput and latency improvements resulting in faster access, real-time response and increased number of users per server.
World-Class Ethernet Performance
Mellanox Ethernet adapters utilizing IBTA RoCE technology provide efficient RDMA services, delivering high performance to bandwidth and latency sensitive applications. With link-level interoperability in existing Ethernet infrastructure, Network Administrators can leverage existing data center fabric management solutions.
Applications utilizing TCP/UDP/IP transport can achieve industry-leading throughput over 10/40/56GbE. The hardware-based stateless offload and flow steering engines in Mellanox adapters reduce the CPU overhead of IP packet transport, freeing more processor cycles to work on the application. Sockets acceleration software further increases performance for latency sensitive applications.
Mellanox Ethernet adapters utilizing Virtual Intelligent Queuing (Virtual-IQ) technology with SR-IOV provides dedicated adapter resources and guaranteed isolation and protection for virtual machines (VM) within the server. Mellanox adapters gives data center managers better server utilization and LAN and SAN unification while reducing cost, power, and cable complexity.
Quality of Service
Resource allocation per application or per VM is provided and protected by the advanced QoS supported by Mellanox adapters. Service levels for multiple traffic types can be based on IETF DiffServ or IEEE 802.1p/Q, along with the DCB enhancements, allowing system administrators to prioritize traffic by application, virtual machine, or protocol. This powerful combination of QoS and prioritization provides the ultimate fine-grain control of traffic – ensuring that applications run smoothly in today's complex environment.
All Mellanox adapters are supported by a full suite of software drivers for Microsoft Windows, Linux distributions, VMware and Citrix XenServer. The adapters support stateless offload and is fully interoperable with standard TCP/UDP/IP stacks. The adapters support various management interfaces and has a rich set of configuring and management tools across operating systems.
*All Card Types Listed use RoHS and Host Bus PCIe 2.0.
ConnectX-3 EN adapters are PCIe 3.0 ready.
*Features Include Stateless Offload, Priority Flow Control, SR-IOV
- Financial institutions utilizing high frequency trading or data exchange applications require low latency fabrics. Mellanox Ethernet adapters deliver low latency Sockets and RDMA solutions for the ultimate in application performance.
- Web 2.0 and cloud service providers need high bandwidth and CPU offloads to get the highest productivity from their data centers. Mellanox Ethernet adapters support up to 100Gb/s and RoCE for data center efficiency and scalability.
- Data centers deploying virtualized servers see higher demands on the I/O infrastructure. With support for 10/40/56/100Gb/s and up to 127 virtual machines, Mellanox adapters can satisfy the bandwidth demands of a virtualized environment. And with backwards compatibility, the 40/56/100GbE cards can be deployed in 10GbE fabrics giving IT managers an upgrade migration path up to 100GbE.
- Industry-leading throughput and latency performance
- Enabling I/O consolidation by supporting TCP/IP, FC over Ethernet and RDMA over Ethernet transport protocols on a single adapter
- Improved productivity and efficiency
- Supports industry-standard SR-IO Virtualization technology and delivers VM protection and granular levels of I/O services to applications
- High-availability and high-performance for data center networking
- Software compatible with standard TCP/UDP/IP and iSCSI stacks
- High level silicon integration and no external memory design provides low power, low cost and high reliability
- Web 2.0 data centers and cloud computing
- Low latency financial services
- Data center virtualization
- I/O consolidation (single unified wire for networking, storage and clustering)
- Video streaming
- Enterprise data center applications
- Accelerating back-up and restore operations
|Ordering Part No.||Speed||Ports||Connectors||ASIC & PCI Dev ID||PCI||Lanes|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-4 EN|
|MCX364A-FCCT||FDR and 40/56GbE||2||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-3 Pro EN Adapter Cards|
|MCX311A-XCCT||10GbE||1||SFP+||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX312B-XCCT||10GbE||2||SFP+||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX313A-BCCT||40/56GbE||1||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX314A-BCCT||40/56GbE||2||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 Pro 4103||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|Mellanox ConnectX®-3 Ethernet Adapter Cards|
|MCX311A-XCAT||10GbE||1||SFP+||ConnectX®-3 4099||PCIe 3.0||x4|
|MCX312A-XCBT||10GbE||2||SFP+||ConnectX®-3 4099||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX313A-BCBT||40/56GbE||1||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 4099||PCIe 3.0||x8|
|MCX314A-BCBT||40/56GbE||2||QSFP||ConnectX®-3 4099||PCIe 3.0||x8|